Wednesday, March 4, 2009

recipes for disaster?


Hey hey! Meatloaf Wednesday! I was told by one of the guests that it was, "the finest meatloaf" he has ever had. He followed that with, "It was the ONLY meatloaf I've ever had. But it was the finest."

I love feeding the Irish kids. They're always so grateful, AND quotable. God bless 'em.

Aside from the mammoth meatloaf, others brought their own contributions to the meal. The Americans brought the biggest bag of chips (french fries) I have ever seen, and the makings for s'mores. The Irish... they brought 'Taytos' and Dairymilk.

How do I explain Taytos? First of all, you need to know that 'chips' are fries, and 'crisps' are chips. Sometimes Taytos are called chips too, even though they're more like crisps. Got all that?

Taytos are the epitome of potato chips (crisps). They are quite good. Not as good as Dairymilk, though. Man, if I miss anything about Ireland, it's going to be the chocolate. Gosh, it's good here.

All in all, the evening was a delicious success that reawakened the culinary ninja in me. I want to cook. Sometimes I believe I really can cook, but it's only in fleeting moments that take me and everyone else by surprise. The culinary ninja strikes again! What will she make next? When will it happen? Could this be her final adventure? Dum-dum-DUUUUM!

Maybe I'll make a quiche tonight. A NINJA quiche.

No comments: