Wednesday, February 6, 2008

voting shouldn't have been that difficult.

the next day. the wednesday after power tuesday ought to be called let-down wednesday. or something like that.

i woke up on power tuesday, bright-eyed and excited to exercise my right to vote. man, what a mess. first, i couldn't find my voter registration card.

"I KNOW I got it. I know it. I did it when I changed my address. WTF? Come on, Post Office, you had months to do this. WHERE the hell is it?"

so, i went online, and found a whole new world of frustration.

"What do you mean, I don't exist? I'm right HERE."

so, i looked up my polling place, with the help of my big brother. we found it, and i went.
nope. not there. so, i looked up ANOTHER polling place and went there.
nope again. crap.

i was getting very upset, so i made a last-ditch effort and hit up the last place i voted at, four years ago.
bingo.

but WHY??? how did that happen? i changed addresses, registered and followed the rules. this shouldn't have been that much of a problem. yet it was. however, our heroine emerged victorious, albeit tired and pissed off. i don't trust the post office anymore.

No comments: