Sunday, April 6, 2008

How Sweet it Smells

It is warm today. It is warm and sunny and I feel happy for no reason except that it is warm and sunny. I think the wretched winter is finally over. Young women are wearing flip-flops and sunglasses. Children are running around. Fat men are wearing ugly shorts instead of hideous pants. Please let this be Spring, oh, please please please.

I keep thinking of Spring as a frightened little bunny rabbit. I'll catch a glimpse of it, nibbling at some grass or a bush, we'll make eye contact, then someone will screech, "OH! LOOK! It's SPRING!!!" and the bunny rabbit will scamper away, scared out of its mind.

I hope nobody scares Spring away. The air finally smells good again and my throat doesn't seize up when I breathe in. Chicago is about to get a whole lot more enjoyable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH.......the warmth IS here. Hope it hangs out with us for at least 7 or 8 months and then all those little bunnies you like go underground again.

Funny, I was digging through my cluttered closet bottom just last night (finding all the shirts and wondering "why did I ever buy that")and found several mis-matched winter gloves....THAT'S WERE THEY WERE HIDING !!!! Also, those flipflops, but the greatest treasure were those multicolor summer shorts balled up in the corner......think I'll try them out next week......cover your eyes, I'm hideous (line from Seinfeld).

Anyway, if you're ever not busy at lunchtime, come on over to Glenn's and I'll buy you a lunch....I hear they make a mean rabbit stew :-)

PS.....plus we can hassle the servers......I know how you like that.

M