Saturday, August 2, 2008

he ruined a state park

my science teacher ruined Starved Rock for me today. i went on a field trip with my earth science class, for extra credit. i was excited about this field trip. i have many fond memories of the majestic cliffs and curious trails, as well as the historical significance of the park. i loved this place, as a kid. i am a kid no more.

he took us down every NOT FUN trail possible. i was fine with the muck and bugs, but when he started down non-trails that were clearly marked, "Restricted," i got pretty upset. i did not sign up to put my life in danger, yet there i was, being put directly in harm's way. i'm so angry and disappointed.

this summer has been chock-full of nature-based trips, and i have enjoyed them all, so far. why was today different? because it was stupid. he ought to know better, as a responsible adult. he ought to know better, as a teacher. he OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER.

i think i'm a pretty tolerant lady, but at the moment, i'm outraged. if i get anything less than a 'B' in this class, i'm gonna take some k-feldspar to his granite skull.

who says i haven't learned something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahhaahha............I LOVE that one. Been to The Rock many times.........mostly to ride the hills on my bike and get my legs in shape, but sometimes just to enjoy the trails and then sneak into the pool. It's only for the guests, but I AM SPECIAL :-)

Yep, some of those trails are nasty and shouldn't be hiked much. Hope your legs survived the bugs and no one dangled you over the edge :-)

I say "we want a B......we want a B.....we want a B".

m

PS.....hell, let's demand an A :-)






yhe