Sunday, January 25, 2009

town or bust


Bust. I spent most of the day reading, napping, and cooking. I was told that tonight was, “The big night to go out, because all the Irish students get back to campus.” I suppose it was a big night, for some.

Tonight was the most expensive night I’ve had in Ireland so far, and it was mainly due to cab fare. First, I went to The Stables with Maureen. Met up with some people, but it wasn’t busy at all, comparative to the past few days. We decided to go to ‘town,’ meaning Limerick City. Anthony joined us for the jaunt to Icon, a nightclub, which we promptly left. I took some pictures, but everything closes at 12:30am. That’s right, kids. Ireland, the land of beer and whiskey, has a curfew.

I had a great time with Anthony and Maureen anyways. We wandered the streets, chatted up some folks, and finally took a cab ride back to campus. Highlights of the evening included relentlessly making fun of Anthony for giving his coat to some Romanian girl, “because she was beautiful.” He has yet to get his coat back.

Overall, I’m still intrigued by the city, the culture, and everything that includes, but I am also looking forward to classes. Tomorrow!

No comments: