Thursday, February 12, 2009

Adventures in Wonder-What-Will-Happen-Next? Land




Ireland was the center for the Dell corporation for several years. Then Dell moved out. All that remained, was a land of PCs...

I have a Macintosh, darnit, and I need someone to fix it. Now.

I ended up taking it into town (i.e. downtown Limerick) to a 'Comp U B' store, specializing in Apple products. They said they could fix it. They said it would cost around 50 euro. They said it would be ready by Friday or Saturday.

I tried very hard not to dwell on the negatives. I walked around the city. I had lunch and a nice conversation. I visited some of the city's landmarks. People's Park was lovely. The Art Museum wasn't awful. Tait's Clock was exactly what I expected. And the tiny, run-down magic shop was appropriately hokey.

Sigh. I just wish that I didn't have to write this post from the cold memory of basic recollection. I wish I could write this withthe clarity and energy from a recent experience. At least the pictures are nice.

No comments: