Friday, February 20, 2009

i'm having a little whine tonight after dinner

"You've heard of people calling in sick. You may have called in sick a few times yourself. But have you ever thought about calling in well?

It'd go like this: You'd get the boss on the line and say, "Listen, I've been sick ever since I started working here, but today I'm well and I won't be in anymore." Call in well." --Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get The Blues

Being sick sucks. Being sick makes everything a chore, even walking to the Medical Centre to find out exactly how sick I am and how to get better. I really wanted to skip class today, but that quote kept running through my head and I couldn't justify missing a class, especially when I know that I'm going to skip a class or two to travel.

Sigh.

Bottom line is, I made it to class, but boy, was I sick. I can't wait to skip a class on account of being well.

No comments: